Academics : Ph. D. Program
Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) is a recognized R&D institute of the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi. The THSTI-JNU PhD program is designed for biomedical and clinical research for candidates with medical, life sciences (including biomedical, health, pharmaceutical, nutritional science, public health, and nursing), veterinary science, engineering, or mathematics background. The broad domains of ongoing research at THSTI include:
The broad domains of ongoing research at THSTI are:
- biology of infectious diseases such as dengue, Japanese encephalitis, hepatitis E and tuberculosis, vaccine and anti-viral development
- Physiology of nutrition and the developing immune system, immune responses in pregnancy and childhood
- Clinical research and epidemiology focused on maternal and child health
- Auto-immune diseases, infection and inflammation
- Understanding disease through the human microbiome
- In vitro diagnostics
- Platform technologies: Phage display, Recombinant protein production platforms.
- medical devices and implants
- mathematical modelling to understand biological problems
- biology of metabolic syndrome and disease progression dynamics
Students selected for the program are required to undergo a pre-PhD course work followed by the submission of a research thesis. This PhD program is governed by the JNU rules.
THSTI is also recognized by the Jadavpur University (JU), Kolkata for the PhD program in Mathematical Biology and Systems Biology. Students selected for the programme are required to undergo a pre-PhD course work in Mathematics followed by the submission of a research thesis. This PhD program is governed by the JU PhD rules and regulations.
Direct Admission to the THSTI-JNU PhD program for winter semester 2016-17 (Last Date: 21-Nov-2016)
ADDENDUM to Recruitment No. THS/RN/29/2016/ Direct admission to the THSTI-JNU PhD program 2016-17 (Last Date: 21-Nov-2016)
Shortlisted Candidates for Direct admission to the THSTI-JNU PhD program for winter semester 2016-17
Result of the interview held for Direct Admission to the THSTI-JNU PhD Program for the winter semester 2016-17