DR.ZAIGHAM ABBAS RIZVI
- Research Scientist, Infection and Immunology Center, THSTI
- Junior Research Scientist, Infection and Immunology Center, THSTI
- Post Doctoral fellow, THSTI
- PhD, School of Life Sciences, JNU
- MSc, Department of Biochemistry, AMU
- BSc, Department of Biochemistry, AMU
Broad areas of Research:
1. Understanding the immunopathology of SARS-CoV-2 infection.
2. Defining the immune correlates of early and late phase of Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection by using small animal models.
4. Developmental immunology.
Rizvi ZA, Dalal R, Sadhu S, Kumar Y, Kumar S, Gupta SK, Tripathy MR, Rathore DK, Awasthi A. 2021. High dietary salt mediates interplay between NK cells and gut microbiota to induce potent tumor immunity. Science Advances. 7 (37): eabg5016. DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.abg5016(ISSN 2375-2548)PMID: 34516769(Impact factor: 14.13).
- Rizvi ZA, Tripathy MR, Sharma N, Goswami S, Srikanth N, Sastry JLN, Mani S, Surjit M, Awasthi A, Dikshit M. Effect of prophylactic use of intra-nasal oil formulations in the hamster model of Covid- 19. (accepted and ahead for publication Frontiers in Pharmacology). (ISSN 1663-9812) (Impact factor: 5.8)
- Rizvi ZA, Dalal R, Sadhu S, Kumar Y, Shrivastava T, Gupta SK, Agarwal S, Tripathy MR, Yadav AK, Medigeshi GR, Pandey AK Samal S, Ashtana S, Awasthi A. Immunological and cardio-vascular pathologies associated with SARS-CoV2 infection in golden Syrian hamster. (under revision eLife). (ISSN 2050-084X) (Impact factor: 8.14)
- Roy S, Rizvi ZA, Clarke AJ, Macdonald F, Pandey A, Zaiss DMW, Simon AK, Awasthi A. 2021. EGFR-HIF1α signalling positively regulates the differentiation of IL-9 producing T helper cells. Nature Communication 12 (1), 3182 doi:10.1038/s41467-021-23042-x(ISSN No. 2041-1723) PMID: 34075041 (Impact factor: 14.91)
- Samal S, Vishwakarma P, Yadav N, Rizvi ZA, Khan NA, Chiranjivi A, Mani S, Bansal M, Dwivedi P, Shrivastava T, Kumar R, Awasthi A, Ahmed S. 2021. SARS-CoV2 spike protein based novel epitopes induce potent immune responses in vivo and inhibit viral replication in vitro.Frontiers in Immunology12:613045DOI: 10.3389/fimmu.2021.613045(ISSN No. 1664-3224)PMID: 33841395 (Impact factor: 7.56)
- Shrivastava T, Singh B*, Rizvi ZA*, Verma R, Goswami S, Vishwakarma P, Jakhar K, Sonar S, Mani S, Bhattacharyya S, Awasthi A, Surjit M. 2021. Comparative immunomodulatory evaluation of the receptor binding domain of SARS-CoV2 spike protein: a potential vaccine candidate, imparts potent humoral and Th1 type of immune response in mouse model. Frontiers in Immunology12:641447 DOI: 10.3389/fimmu.2021.641447(ISSN No. 1664-3224)PMID: 34108961 (Impact factor: 7.56) (*equal contribution)
- Sadhu S, Rizvi ZA, Pandey RP, Dalal R, Rathore DK, Kumar B, Pandey M, Kumar Y, Goel R, Maiti TK, Tiwari A, Pandey AK, Awasthi A. 2021.Gefitinib results in robust host-directed immunity against Salmonella infection through proteo-metabolomic reprogramming. Frontiers in Immunology12:648710doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2021.648710(ISSN No. 1664-3224)PMID: 33868285 (Impact factor: 7.56)
- Vishwakarma P, Khatri R, Siddiqui G, Yadav N, Rizvi ZA, Awasthi A, Samal S. 2020. Preclinical animal models for Covid-19 research - making a wise choice. ARC Journal of Immunology and Vaccines 5(1): 24-37 (ISSN No. 2455-9806) (Impact factor: 0.5)
- Samal S, Shrivastava T, Sonkusre P, Rizvi ZA, Kumar R, Ahmed S, Vishwakarma P, Yadav N, Bansal M, Chauhan K, Pokhrel S, Das S, Tambare P, Awasthi A. 2020. Tetramerizing tGCN4 domain facilitates production of Influenza A H1N1 M2e higher order soluble oligomers that show enhanced immunogenicity in vivo.Journal of Biological Chemistry 295(42):14352-14366 doi:10.1074/jbc.ra120.013233 (ISSN No. 0021-9258) PMID: 32817314 (Impact factor: 5.15)
- Pal S, Medatwal N, Kumar S, Kar A, Komalia V, Yavvari PS, Mishra D, Rizvi ZA,Malakar D, Pillai M, Srivastava A, Sharma RD, Sengupta S, Dasgupta U, Awasthi A, Bajaj A. 2019. A localized chimeric hydrogel therapy combats tumor progression through alteration of sphingolipid metabolism.ACS Central Science 23;5(10):1648-1662 doi: 10.1021/acscentsci.9b00551(ISSN No. 2374-7951) PMID: 3166043 (Impact factor: 14.55)
- Suhail A, Rizvi ZA, Prabhakar M, Ali SA, Gaur P, Singh M,Ahuja V, Awasti A, Srikanth CV. 2019. DeSUMOylase SENP7 mediated epithelial signalling triggers intestinal inflammation via expansion of Gamma-delta T cell. Cell Reports. 10:29(11) 3522-3538e7. doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2019.11.028.(ISSN no. 2211-1247) PMID: 31825833 (Impact factor: 9.4)
- Roy S, Rizvi ZA, Awasthi A. 2019. Metabolic Checkpoints in Differentiation of Helper T Cells in Tissue Inflammation. Frontiers in Immunology. 14;9:3036. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2018.03036 (ISSN No. 1664-3224) PMID: 30692989 (Impact factor: 7.56)
- Rizvi ZA, Puri N, Saxena RK. 2018. Evidence of CD1d pathway of lipid antigen presentation in mouse primary lung epithelial cells and its up-regulation upon Mycobacterium bovis BCG infection. PLoSOne. 31;13(12): e0210116. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0210116 (ISSN No. 1932-6203) PMID:30596774 (Impact factor: 3.24)
- Rizvi ZA, Puri N, Saxena RK. 2015. Lipid antigen presentation through CD1d pathway in mouse lung epithelial cells, macrophages and dendritic cells and its suppression by poly-dispersed single-walled carbon nanotubes. Toxicology in Vitro. 29, 1275-1282 doi: 10.1016/j.tiv.2014.10.022(ISSN No. 0887-2333) PMID: 25448806 (Impact factor: 3.5)
- Husain Q, Karim Z, and Rizvi ZA. 2010. Oxidative degradation and polymerization of methyl parathion catalyzed by Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum L.) seed peroxidase. AIChE - Environmental Progress and Sustainable energy. 30 (3), 392-398https://doi.org/10.1002/ep.10496 (ISNN No. 1944-7450) (Impact factor: 2.431)
Will be soon updated
- Indian Patent Application No. 202111059095,
- Indian Patent Application No. 201811032275
- PCT application with IA number PCT/IN2019/050718 and reference number PCT0009
1. SARS-CoV-2 animal challenge model for pre-clinical and translational researchBT/TEMP14084/CS/05/21, BIRAC
2. Understanding the immunopathological changes associated with SARS-CoV2 infection in small animal model, Intramural
3. SARS-CoV2 anti-viral activity testing platform to support the preclinical development of new chemical entities, and natural productsfrom Academia, Start-ups and Pharma companies BT/TEMP12190/CTH/01/20, BIRAC
- MK Bhan award to the research group for the most impactful research collaboration THSTI, 2021.
- Third prize in the Young Scientists’ conference 2020 under the category Pandemic crisis and Challenges at 6th Indian International Science Festival, 2020.
- Best poster award at IUIS-IIS-FIMSA international course on basic and advanced translational Immunology at RUHS, Jaipur,2019.
- Travel Grant to attend IUIS 2019 (17th International Congress of Immunology) held at Beijing (China) by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) 2019.
- National-post doctoral fellowship (N-PDF) by SERB (DST) at THSTI, Oct 2017.
- Travel Grant to attend Immunology 2015 (The American Association of Immunologists) held at New Orleans (Louisiana, USA) by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Department of Science and Technology (DST), 2015.
- Travel Grant to attend Eurotox 2014 (50th Congress of the European Societies of Toxicology) held at Edinburgh (Scotland, UK) by Eurotox organizing committee and Department of Biotechnology (DBT), India, 2014.
- 1st prize for Oral presentation at 10th BIOSPARKS, JNU, New Delhi,2012.
- 2nd prize for poster presentation at 9th BIOSPARKS, JNU, New Delhi, 2011.
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) by (INDIAN COUNCIL OF MEDICAL RESEARCH) ICMR of July 2009.
- GATE (IIT/IISc) Exam (Life Science) of 2009 with All India Rank 369.
- Lectureship (LS-NET) of CSIR Examination in June, 2009 with All India Rank 16.
- SIR SYED EXCELLENCE IN SCIENCE AWARD, 2009.
- Prof. Afzal Muneer Memorial Merit Scholarship award by Department of Biochemistry, AMU, Aligarh, 2009.
- Summer training fellowship award by Indian Academy of Sciences (IAS) for 2 months at Indian institute of Sciences (IISc,Bangalore), 2007.
- 1st prize for Science Model presentation at National Science Day, Organized by the Dept. of Biochemistry, AMU, Aligarh, 2007.
- Award for Chart presentation at National Academy of Science India (NASI) at school level, BHS, Allahabad.
- International Media Coverage
Will be updated soon