DR.BAPU KOUNDINYA DESIRAJU
INDIA ALLIANCE EARLY CAREER (CPH) FELLOW
- M.B.B.S., Andhra medical college, Visakhapatnam
- Ph.D, CSIR - Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, New Delhi
In this new era of ‘data-medicine’, I am a physician with a passion to understand human physiology and disease with the help of data science tools. Currently, working on the ultrasonographic images taken during pregnancy to build interactive Artificial intelligence models to ensure quality of scan and reduce operator dependence as well as to predict poor pregnancy outcomes. My long-term vision is to build integrated models of health and disease using data ranging from cellular, physiological, medical records, environmental, geographical, and social networks and application of these models to help improve healthcare.
- Machine Learning
- R and Python programming
- Building and interpreting statistical models.
- Image processing and Computer vision.
- Deep Learning
- Rituparna Chaudhuri, Kritika Khanna, Koundinya Desiraju, Damini Vatsa, Bijay Pattnaik, Anurag Agrawal, Balaram Ghosh. Novel nuclear translocation of inositol polyphosphate 4-phosphatase is associated with cell cycle, proliferation and survival. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Cell Research, Volume 1865, Issue 10,2018,Pages 1501-1514,ISSN 0167-4889.
- Duggal B, Subramanian J, Duggal M, Singh P, Rajivlochan M, Saunik S, Desiraju K, Avhad A, Ram U, Sen S, Agrawal A. (2018) Survival outcomes post percutaneous coronary intervention: Why the hype about stent type? Lessons from a healthcare system in India. PLoS ONE 13(5): e0196830.
- Sinha A, Desiraju K, Aggarwal K, Kutum R, Roy S, Lodha R, Kabra SK, Ghosh B, Sethi T*, Agrawal A*. Exhaled breath condensate metabolome clusters for endotype discovery in asthma. J. Transl. Med. 2017; 15: 262
- Huddar V, Desiraju BK, Rajan V*, Bhattacharya S, Roy S, Reddy CK. Predicting Complications in Critical Care Using Heterogeneous Clinical Data. IEEE Access 2016; 4: 7988–8001. (citations:3)
- Gupta RK*, Soree P, Desiraju K, Agrawal A, Singh SB. Subclinical pulmonary dysfunction contributes to high altitude pulmonary edema susceptibility in healthy non-mountaineers. Sci. Rep. 2017; 7: 14892.
- Gupta RK*, Himashree G, Singh K, Soree P, Desiraju K, Agrawal A, Ghosh D, Dass D, Reddy PK, Panjwani U, Singh SB. Elevated pulmonary artery pressure and brain natriuretic peptide in high altitude pulmonary edema susceptible non-mountaineers. Sci. Rep. 2016 6: 21357. (citations:3)
- Soree P, Gupta RK*, Singh K, Desiraju K, Agrawal A, Vats P, Bharadwaj A, Baburaj TP, Chaudhary P, Singh VK, Verma S, Bajaj AC, Singh SB. Raised HIF1α during normoxia in high altitude pulmonary edema susceptible non-mountaineers. Sci. Rep.2016; 6: 26468. (citations:1)
- Agrawal A*, Koundinya DB, Raju JS, Agrawal A, Kalyanpur A. Utility of contemporaneous dual read in the setting of emergency teleradiology reporting. Emerg. Radiol. 2017; 24: 157–164. (citations:1)
- Sharma A, Ansari AH, Kumari R, Pandey R, Rehman R, Mehani B, Varma B, Desiraju BK, Mabalirajan U, Agrawal A, Mukhopadhyay A*. Human brain harbors single nucleotide somatic variations in functionally relevant genes possibly mediated by oxidative stress. F1000Research 2016; 5: 2520.
- Singh VP*, Pratap K, Sinha J, Desiraju K, Bahal D, Kukreti R. Critical evaluation of challenges and future use of animals in experimentation for biomedical research. Int. J. Immunopathol. Pharmacol. 2016 Dec;29(4):551-561. (citations:2)
- Desiraju K, Agrawal A*. Impulse oscillometry: The state-of-art for lung function testing. Lung India Medknow Publications; 2016; 33: 410–416. (citations:12)
- Early career DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance CPH Fellowship