- Postdoctoral Fellow, National Eye Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
- Ph.D. Biotechnology, CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Delhi, India
- M.Sc. Zoology, University of Delhi
- B.Sc.(Hons.) Zoology, University of Delhi
Micronutrients deficiency during pregestation and gestation period can have devastating effects on fetal brain development. To fill the gap with respect to human gestation biology, my research foucs is to understand the impact of maternal micronutrients deprivation on the fetal brain development.
Milestones in early brain development are connected to prenatal complications. Whether and how prenatal complications converge upon poor brain development is my another research interest.
Editor: NIH Fellow Editorial Board, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Reviewer: Scientific Reports, Cell Death and Disease, Tumor Biology, Immunology Letters, Cell Stress and Chaperones, Journal of Neurochemistry
Member: Indian Academy of Neurosciences
1. Asha S. Channakkar#, Tanya Singh, Bijay Pattnaik, Pankaj Seth, Yogita K. Adlakha#*. MiRNA-137-mediated modulation of mitochondrial dynamics regulates human neural stem cell fate. STEM CELLS. 2020, May;38(5):683-697. *Corresponding Author. # Equal Contribution as first author.
Our work made headlines, “NBRC scientists pave the way for a better understanding of Autism” in Hindu Business Line and Vigyan Prasar “India Science Wire”.
2. Kaya KD, Chen HY, Brooks MJ,…..Adlakha YK, Welby E, Swaroop A. Transcriptome-based molecular staging of human stem cell-derived retinal organoids uncovers accelerated photoreceptor differentiation by 9-cis retinal. Molecular Vision, 2019; 25:663-678. Preprint, bioRxiv 733071.
3. Bhagat R, Prajapati B, Narwal S, Agnihotri N, Adlakha YK, Sen J and Seth P. Zika Virus E protein alters properties of human fetal neural stem cells by modulating microRNA circuitry. Cell Death and Differentiation, 2018, Nov;25(10): 1837-1854.
4. Swaroop S, Mahadevan A, Shankar SK,**Adlakha YK, Basu A. HSP60 critically regulates endogenous IL-1β production in activated microglia by stimulating NLRP3 inflammasome pathway. Journal of Neuroinflammation, 2018 Jun 9;15(1):177. doi: 10.1186/s12974-018-1214-5.**Co-corresponding Author.
5. *Adlakha YK and Seth P. The expanding horizon of MicroRNAs in Cellular reprogramming. Progress in Neurobiology. 2017 Jan;148:21-39. *Corresponding Author.
6. **Adlakha YK and Saini N. MicroRNA: a connecting road between apoptosis and cholesterol metabolism. Tumor Biology 2016 Jul;37(7):8529-54. **Co-corresponding Author.
7. Swaroop S, Sengupta N, Suryawanshi AR, Adlakha YK **, Basu A. HSP60 plays a regulatory role in IL-1β-induced microglial inflammation via TLR4-p38 MAPK axis. Journal of Neuroinflammation. 2016 Feb 2;13:27. doi: 10.1186/s12974-016-0486-x.**Co-corresponding Author.
8. Adlakha YKand Saini N: Brain MicroRNAs and insights into biological functions and therapeutic potential of brain enriched miRNA-128. Molecular Cancer, 13:33, Feb 21, 2014.
9. Adlakha YK, Khanna S, Singh R, Singh VP, Agrawal A, Saini N: Pro-apoptotic miRNA-128-2 modulates ABCA1, ABCG1 and RXR expression and cholesterol homeostasis. Cell Death and Disease, 2013, Aug 29;4:e780. doi: 10.1038/cddis.2013.301.
10. Adlakha YKand Saini N: miR-128 exerts pro-apoptotic effect in a p53 transcription-dependent and-independent manner via PUMA-Bak axis. Cell Death and Disease, 2013, Mar 14;4(3), e542; doi:10.1038/cddis.2013.46.
11. Adlakha YK, Saini N: MicroRNA-128 downregulates Bax and induces apoptosis in human embryonic kidney cells. Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences, 2011 Apr;68(8):1415-28. Epub 2010 Sep 19.
12. Chhabra R*, Adlakha YK*, Hariharan M, Scaria V, Saini N: Upregulation of miR-23a-27a-24-2 cluster induces caspase-dependent and -independent apoptosis in human embryonic kidney cells. PLoS One, 2009, 4:e5848. *Contributed equally.
13. Saini N, Balhara J, Adlakha YK and Singh N: S29 ribosomal protein induces mitochondria mediated apoptosis of Hep2 cells via the activation of p38 MAPK and JNK signaling. International Journal of Integrative Biology, 2009, vol. 5, No.1, 49-57.
1. **Adlakha YK and Swaroop A. Determination of Mitochondrial Oxygen Consumption in the Retina Ex-Vivo: Applications for Retinal Disease.Methods in Molecular Biology, Springer, 2018;1753:167-177.**Co-corresponding Author.
2. *Adlakha YK. MicroRNAs: The Tiny Robust Players Unraveling the Multifaceted Channels of Pain. Book chapter for eBook, “Pain: Causes, Concerns and Consequences” published by Bentham Science Publishers. ISBN:978-1-68108-372-8 *Corresponding Author.
- Tulsabai Somani Educational Trust Award-2020 By Indian Academy of Neurosciences
Selected Young Associate of Indian Academy of Sciences-2020
- NASI-Young Scientist Platinum Jubilee Award-2018
- NIH travel fellowship-2017
- NIH Postdoctoral Visiting Fellowship-2015
- DST INSPIRE Faculty Award and grant-2014
- Oral presentation award at International Conference on Stem Cells & Cancer (ICSCC)-2013
- Sitaram Joglekar award for Young Investigator-2013
- DST Foreign Travel Grant-2012
- CSIR Senior Research Fellowship
- National Eligibility Test (NET)
- Honored for securing 3rd rank in B.Sc. second year South Campus, University of Delhi
- Honored for being B.Sc. topper in all three years