Ph.D, Jawaharlal Nehru University, THSTI
- MSc, Department of Animal Biotechnology, UoH
1. Rizvi ZA, Dalal R, Sadhu S, Kumar Y, Shrivastava T, Gupta SK, Agarwal S, Tripathy MR, Yadav AK, Medigeshi GR, Pandey AK, Samal S, Asthana S, Awasthi A. Immunological and cardio-vascular pathologies associated with SARS-CoV-2 infection in golden syrian hamster. CO-First Author (Elife 2021) (Impact.factor. 8.713).
2. Rizvi ZA, Dalal R, Sadhu S, Kumar Y, Kumar S, Gupta SK, Tripathy MR, Rathore DK, Awasthi A.
High salt diet mediates interplay between NK cells and gut microbiota to induce potent tumor immunity. Science Advances 2021, 7(37):eabg5016. doi: 10.1126/sciadv.abg5016.(Impact.factor. 14.14).
3. Sadhu S, Rizvi ZA, Pandey RP, Dalal R, Rathore DK, Kumar B, Pandey M , Kumar Y, Goel R, Maiti
TK , Tiwari A, Pandey AK, Awasthi A. Gefitinib results in robust host-directed immunity against salmonella infection through proteo-metabolomic reprogramming. Front Immunol. 2021, 12:648710. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2021.648710. (Impact.factor. 8.786).
4. Malik S, Sadhu S, Elesela S, Pandey R, Awasthi A. Transcription factor Foxo1 is essential for IL-9 induction in T helper cells. Nat Commun 8, 815 (2017).(Impact.factor. 17.69).
5. Z Rizvi, S Sadhu, J Dandotiya, A Binayke, P Sharma. SARS-CoV-2 and its variants, but not Omicron, induces severe thymic atrophy and impaired T cell development. Biorxiv (2022).
6. ZA Rizvi, P Babele, S Sadhu, U Madan, MR Tripathy Prophylactic treatment of Glycyrrhiza glabra mitigates COVID-19 pathology through inhibition of pro-inflammatory cytokines in the hamster model and NETosis. Frontiers in Immunolgy (Impact factor 8.786) (2022).doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2022.05.16.492112.
7. R Dalal, S Sadhu, A Awasthi. Role of Th17 cell in tissue inflammation and organ-specific autoimmunity- Translational Autoimmunity, 2022. (Equal contribution)
8. R Khatri, G Siddqui,S Sadhu, V Maithil, Samal S. SARS-CoV-2 variants’-Alpha, Delta, and Omicron D614G and P681R/H mutations impact virus entry, fusion, and infectivity. Biorxiv (2022).
9. SS Roy, S Sharma, ZA Rizvi, D Sinha, D Gupta,Sadhu S, M Tripathy, Sweety S, Souvik M, Vinod S, Sridhar S, Amit A, Krishnan H, Sanjeev J7 and Shantanu C. G4-binding drugs, chlorpromazine and prochlorperazine, repurposed against COVID-19 infection in hamsters. Frontiers in Molecular Biosciences.2022 (Impact factor 6.113).
10. Khatri, R., Siddqui, G., Sadhu, S. et al. Intrinsic D614G and P681R/H mutations in SARS-CoV-2 VoCs Alpha, Delta, Omicron and viruses with D614G plus key signature mutations in spike protein alters fusogenicity and infectivity. Med Microbiol Immunol (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00430-022-00760-7 (Impact factor 4.18)
11. Rizvi ZA, Babele P, Madan U, Sadhu S, Tripathy MR, Goswami S, Mani S, Dikshit M, Awasthi A. Pharmacological potential of Withania somnifera (L.) Dunal and Tinospora cordifolia (Willd.) Miers on the experimental models of COVID-19, T cell differentiation, and neutrophil functions. Front Immunol. 2023 Mar 7;14:1138215 (Impact factor 8.786).
12. Sadhu S, Dalal R, Dandotiya J, Binayke A, Virendra, S, Das VK, Awasthi A. IL-9 aggravates SARS-CoV-2 infection and exacerbates airway inflammation. Nature Commun. 14, 4060 (2023). (Impact Factor 16.16).
13. Rizvi, Z.A., Dandotiya, J., Sadhu, S. et al. Omicron sub-lineage BA.5 infection results in attenuated pathology in hACE2 transgenic mice. Nature Commun Biol 6, 935 (2023). (Impact factor 5.9).
14. S Tyagi, S Sadhu, T Sharma, A Paul, M Pandey, V Nain, D Rathore, S Chatterjee, A Awasthi, A Pandey. VapC12 ribonuclease toxin modulates host immune response during Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection. bioRxiv 2023.08.24.554572; doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2023.08.24.554572
15. Sadhu S, Dandotiya J, Dalal R, Khatri R, Mykytyn AZ, Batra A, Kaur M, Chandwaskar R, Singh V, Kamboj A, Srivastava M, Mani S, Asthana S, Samal S, Rizvi ZA, Salunke DB, Haagmans BL, Awasthi A. Antiviral Research (2023)2023 Nov 8;220:105743 (Impact factor 7.6).
R Dalal, S Sadhu, A Awasthi. Role of Th17 cell in tissue inflammation and organ-specific autoimmunity- Translational Autoimmunity, 2022. (Equal contribution)
- A Patent “A pharmaceutical composition for the treatment of TH17 cells mediated autoimmune diseases” was filed, Application NO. PCT/IN2019/050718 (Accepted-2020).
- A Patent “Novel Autophagy Inducing Peptides and Combinations thereof Composition and a process for Manufacturing the same” Application was filed (Application NO.202011007117-LIPC Ref No. IP0429).
A Patent “Novel cholic acid derivatives for the treatment and prevention of autoimmune diseases and uses thereof” Patent application No 202211005368 (Accepted).
G.P. Talwar young Scientist Award of Indian Immunology Society India in 2021.
M.K Bhan best published paper Award from DBT-THSTI in 2021.
- Life member of Indian Immunology society.
- Best poster award (First prize) got in a poster presentation at THSTI foundation day on July 15th, 2019(Title: - Role of HIF1α in salmonella infection.)
- Best poster award (First prize) got in a poster presentation at “ International Symposium on Infectious Diseases” from 12-14 November 2018 at Jamia Hamdard and THSTI, Delhi, NCR.
- Poster presented at IUIS-IIS-FIMSA international immunology course work program from 12-16th 2019 at Jaipur.(FIMSA travel grant)
- Abstracts published
- Transcription factor Foxo1 directs the differentiation of IL-9+ T helper cells Abstract Submitted in FOCIS 2015 annual meeting (June24-27).
- Transcription factor Foxo1 directs the differentiation of IL-9+ T helper cells Abstract Submitted in FIMSA 2015 (30 June- 3 July).
- A role of Hypoxia-inducible factor-1α (HIF-1α) IN Salmonella infection. Abstract submitted in IMMUNOCON-2016 at Vishakhapatnam, A.P.
- Novel Host Directed Intervention strategy against Salmonella infection in Macrophages Abstract submitted in 9th ISA at Taipei (Taiwan) November 2019.
- HIF-1α plays an Important role in Salmonella Infection in Macrophages Abstract submitted in International Symposium on Infectious Diseases from 12-14 November 2018 at Jamia Hamdard and THSTI, Delhi, NCR.