- Ph.D., Department of Genetics, University of Calcutta
- M.Sc., VIT University, Vellore
Dr. Manivannan is currently working as a Research Scientist in the Department of Maternal and Child Health at the Translational Health Science and Technology Institute, Faridabad. His fervor for biological research lies in exploring intricate interactions of cellular components to understand disease conditions at the molecular level. He has also been applying different omics approaches for identification of risk predictive biomarker for T2D incidence following gestational diabetes mellitus, understanding disease pathophysiology and nanomaterials induced toxicity.
- Manivannan Jothiramajayam, Ritesh Banerjee, Anita Mukherjee. "Genotoxicity analysis of rutile titanium dioxide nanoparticles in mice after 28 days of repeated oral administration. The Nucleus (Springer), 2019: 1-8.
- Manivannan Jothiramajayam, Sonali Sinha, Manosij Ghosh, Anish Nag, Aditi Jana, Anita Mukherjee. Sodium fluoride promotes apoptosis by generation of reactive oxygen species in human lymphocytes. Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, Part A, 2014; 77: 1269-1280.
- Manivannan Jothiramajayam, Sonali Sinha, Manosij Ghosh, Anita Mukherjee. Evaluation of multi-endpoint assay to detect genotoxicity and oxidative stress in mice exposed to sodium fluoride. Mutation Research-Genetic Toxicology and Environmental Mutagenesis, 2013; 751: 59-65.
- Elavarasan Subramani, Arun Prabhu Rameshbabu, Manivannan Jothiramajayam, Bhuvaneshwaran Subramanian, Debangana Chakravorty, Gunja Bose, Mamata Joshi, Chaitali Datta Ray, Indrani Lodh, Ratna Chattopadhyay, Sudipto Saha, Anita Mukherjee, Santanu Dhara, Baidyanath Chakravarty, Koel Chaudhury. Mycobacterial heat shock protein 65 mediated metabolic shift in decidualization of human endometrial stromal cells. Scientific Reports, 2017; 7: 3942.
- Elavarasan Subramani, Mainak Dutta, Manivannan Jothiramajayam, Mamata Joshi, Sudha Srivastava, Anita Mukherjee, Baidyanath Chakravarty, Koel Chaudhury. Identification of serum metabolic markers for diagnosis of women with dormant genital tuberculosis. Metabolomics, 2016; 12: 99.
- Elavarasan Subramani, Manivannan Jothiramajayam, Mainak Dutta, Debangana Chakravorty, Mamata Joshi, Sudha Srivastava, Anita Mukherjee, Chaitali Datta Ray, Baidyanath Chakravarty, Koel Chaudhury. 1H NMR-based metabonomics for understanding the metabolic influence of dormant female genital tuberculosis. Human Reproduction, 2016; 31: 854-865.
- Manosij Ghosh, Sonali Sinha, Manivannan Jothiramajayam, Aditi Jana, Anish Nag, Anita Mukherjee. Cyto-genotoxicity and oxidative stress induced by zinc oxide nanoparticle in human lymphocyte cells in vitro and Swiss albino male mice in vivo. Food and Chemical Toxicology, 2016; 97: 286-296.
- Manosij Ghosh, Aditi Jana, Sonali Sinha, Manivannan Jothiramajayam, Anish Nag, Anirban Chakraborty, Amitava Mukherjee, Anita Mukherjee. Effects of ZnO nanoparticles in plants: Cytotoxicity, genotoxicity, deregulation of antioxidant defenses, and cell-cycle arrest. Mutation Research/Genetic Toxicology and Environmental Mutagenesis, 2016, 807: 25-32.
- V. Iswarya, Jothiramajayam Manivannan, Arpita De, Subhabrata Paul, Rajdeep Roy, J. B. Johnson, Rita Kudu, N. Chandrasekaran, Anita Mukherjee, Amitava Mukherjee. Surface capping and size-dependent toxicity of gold nanoparticles on different trophic levels. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 2015; 23: 4844-4858.
- Manosij Ghosh, Manivannan Jothiramajayam, Sonali Sinha, Anirban Chakraborty, Sanjaya Kumar Mallick, Maumita Bandyopadhyay, Anita Mukherjee. In vitro and in vivo genotoxicity of silver nanoparticles. Mutation Research-Genetic Toxicology and Environmental Mutagenesis, 2012; 749: 60-69.
- Sonali Sinha, Manivannan Jothiramajayam, Manosij Ghosh, Aditi Jana, Urmi Chatterji, Anita Mukherjee. Vetiver oil (Java) attenuates cisplatin-induced oxidative stress, nephrotoxicity and myelosuppression in Swiss albino mice. Food and Chemical Toxicology, 2015; 81: 120–128.
- Sonali Sinha, Manivannan Jothiramajayam, Manosij Ghosh, Anita Mukherjee. Evaluation of toxicity of essential oils palmarosa, citronella, lemongrass and vetiver in human lymphocytes. Food and Chemical Toxicology, 2014; 68: 71-77.
- Olajire Aremu Adegoke, Manosij Ghosh, Jothiramajayam Manivannan, Sonali Sinha, Anita Mukherjee. Genotoxicity evaluation of 4-Carboxyl-2, 6- dinitrophenylazohydroxynaphthalenes in mice. Toxicology and Industrial Health, 2014;30: 393-404.
- Aditi Jana, Manosij Ghosh, Arpita De, Sonali Sinha, Manivannan Jothiramajayam, Anita Mukherjee. Comprehensive analysis of fly ash induced changes in physiological/growth parameters, DNA damage and oxidative stress over the life cycle of Brassica juncea and Brassica alba. Chemosphere, 2017; 186: 616-624.
- Aditi Jana, Manosij Ghosh, Sonali Sinha, Manivannan Jothiramajayam, Anish Nag, Anita Mukherjee. Hazard identification of coal fly ash leachate using a battery of cyto- genotoxic and biochemical tests in Allium cepa. Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science, 2017; 63: 1443-1453.
Awarded University Grant Commission Research Fellowship in Science for Meritorious Student.