- B.Sc.(Hons. School) Biotechnology, Dept. of Biotechnology, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- M.Sc.(Hons. School) Biotechnology, Dept. of Biotechnology, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- PhD (Life Sciences), THSTI-JNU PhD program
Dr. Jyoti Verma is a Research Scientist in the Translational Research Program at THSTI. She has worked in the field of antimicrobial resistance in commensals and enteric pathogens during her doctoral research. She has published her work in reputed journals like PNAS, Microbial Ecology, Scientific reports etc., authored book chapters, review articles and is a joint inventor of a patent.
Current research focus:
Establish proof of principle for microbiome-based interventions in (i) Inflammatory bowel disease and (ii) Pre-term birth.
- Panwar S, Kumari S, Verma J, Bakshi S, Lekshmi N, Paul D, Das B. (2023) Toxin linked mobile genetic elements in major enteric bacterial pathogens. Gut Microbiome (Accepted).
- Chawla M, Verma J, Gupta R, Das B (2022). Antibiotic Potentiators against Multidrug-resistant Bacteria: Discovery, Development and Clinical Relevance. Front. Microbiol.
- Bir R, Gautam H, Arif N, Verma J., Banerjee S, Tyagi S, Mohapatra S, Sood S, Dhawan B, Chaudhry R, Kapil A, Das BK, Das B (2022). Analysis of Colistin resistance in Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacterales and XDR Klebsiella pneumoniae. Therapeutic Advances in Infectious Disease.
- MehrotraT, Devi TB, Kumar S, Talukdar D, Karmakar SP, Kothidar A, Verma J, Kumari S, Alexander SM, Retnakumar RJ, Devadas K, Ray A, Mutreja A, Nair GB, Chattopadhyay S, Das B (2021). Antimicrobial resistance and virulence in Helicobacter pylori: Genomic insights. Genomics.
- Pant A., Bag S., Saha B. Verma J., Banerjee S., Kumar P., Kumar B., Kumar Y., Desigamani A., Maiti S., Maiti T., Banerjee S., Koley H., Dutta S., Nair G., Ramamurthy T.,Das B.(2020). Molecular Insights into the genome dynamics and interactions between core and acquired genome of Vibrio cholerae. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci, USA.
- Verma J, Bag S, Saha B, Kumar P, Ghosh TS, Dayal M, Senapati T, Mehra S, Dey P, Desigamani A, Kumar D, Rana P, Kumar B, Maiti TK, Sharma NC, Bhadra RK, Mutreja A, Nair GB, Ramamurthy T, Das B.(2019). Genomic plasticity associated with antimicrobial resistance in Vibrio cholerae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. Mar 26;116(13):6226-6231.
- Das B.,Verma J., Kumar P., Ghosh A., Ramamurthy T. (2019) Antibiotic Resistance in Vibrio cholerae: Understanding the Genesis and Mechanisms. Vaccine.
- Bag S, Ghosh TS, Banerjee S, Mehta O,Verma J, Dayal M, Desigamani A, Kumar P, Saha B, Kedia S, Ahuja V, Ramamurthy T, Das B. (2019). Molecular Insights into Antimicrobial Resistance Traits of Commensal Human Gut Microbiota. Microb Ecol. Feb;77(2):546-557.
- Kumar P, Bag S, Ghosh TS, Dey P, Dayal M, Saha B, Verma J, Pant A, Saxena S, Desigamani A, Rana P, Kumar D, Sharma NC, Hanpude P, Maiti TK, Mukhopadhyay AK, Bhadra RK, Nair GB, Ramamurthy T, Das B. (2017). Molecular Insights into Antimicrobial Resistance Traits of Multidrug Resistant Enteric Pathogens isolated from India. Sci Rep. Oct 31;7(1):14468.
- Paul D., Verma J., Banerjee A., Konar D., Das B.(2022). Antimicrobial Resistance Traits and Resistance Mechanisms in Bacterial Pathogens. Pages 1-27. Editors:V. Kumar, V. Shriram, A. Paul M. Thakur. Springer Link. ISBN: 978-981-16-3120-7.
- Verma J, Sankar MJ, Atmakuri K, Agarwal R, Das B. (2022).Gut microbiome dysbiosis in neonatal sepsis. Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci. 2022;192(1):125-147. doi: 10.1016/bs.pmbts.2022.07.010. Epub 2022 Aug 30. PMID: 36280317.
Title: Integrative Expression Vector. Patent application no. 201911046890; Year: 2019.
Co-inventors:Bhabatosh Das, Archana Pant, Jyoti Verma, Shailendra Vyas
- Won the Young Investigator Award (1st Prize) (2020) in the 10TH INDIA PROBIOTIC SYMPOSIUM "Cutting Edge Science and Applications: Intestinal Microbiota and Probiotics"(29th Feb-1st March) at the Suryaa, New Delhi. Organizers: Gut Microbiota and Probiotic Science Foundation.
- MK Bhan Award for a PhD student for the best published paper (2020).
- 2nd Prize for PhD Colloquium Presentation (2019) in 10th THSTI Foundation Day, 15 July, (2019).
- Best Poster Award (IIIrd Prize) (2018) in the 9th India Probiotic Symposium “Probiotics through the Lifespan” for research on the Gut Microbiome and Antimicrobial resistance(24th-25th November 2018). Organizers: NICED, Kolkata; ILDS, Kolkata; Amity University, Kolkata.
- Best Poster Award (1st Prize) (2018) in the NIPGR and THSTI Open day (28th September) for Antimicrobial resistance research.