- Ph.D in Virology from University of Maryland, College Park, 2012
- M.V.Sc. in Virology & Bacteriology from Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, 2007
Research Interests/ Research Summary
Our lab current research focuses on virus characterization, next generation vaccine design for enveloped viruses and development of suitable animal model and novel assays for infectitious diseases, that will benefit the evaluation of vaccine candidates, anti-viral drug screening and therapautics. Our lab long standing research interest is to carry out innovative scientific research on enveloped viral agents leveraging on the expertise gained from HIV ,Influenza and Paramyxoviruses, thus creating a ' Translational and Systems virology platform'. Our team is also working on SARS-CoV2 viruses and developed SARS-CoV2 pseudovirus neutralization assay. We are growing, cultivating and characterizating the SARS-CoV2 viruses inside BSL3 facility.Furthermore, we are also conducting immunogenicity and antigenicty assessment of COVID-19 immunogen candidates in mouse model. We have developed an indigenous novel multivalent self assembled nanocage based vaccine platform which could be used for rapid development of subunit protein based vaccines against emeging viruses. Our team have developed AG129 preclinical animal challenge mouse model which is now extensively used for screening of novel anti viral drugs, vaccines or mAbs against Dengue viruses and also useful for other Arbo viruses such as Chikungunya, Zika , Japanese encephalitis viruses. .
Fellowship and Membership of Professional Bodies
- University of Maryland Block Fellowshipfrom 2010 to 2012.
- University of Maryland Dean’s Fellowshipfrom 2008 to 2010.
- Member of the American society of virology (ASV)
- Life member of the Indian Virological Society
- Associate member of American association of avian pathologists (AAAP/AVMA)
- Member of European AIDS Clinical Society (EACS)
Membership of Editorial Boards
- Reviewer for Indian Journal of Virology
- Reviewer for Plos One
- Fangchinoline inhibits SARS-CoV-2 and MERS-CoV entry; Srikanth Sadhu 1, Jyotsna Dandotiya 2, Rajdeep Dalal 2, Ritika Khatri 3, Anna Z Mykytyn 4, Aashima Batra 5, Manpreet Kaur 5, Rucha Chandwaskar 6, Virendra Singh 2, Aarzoo Kamboj 5, Mitul Srivastava 7, Shailendra Mani 3, Shailendra Asthana 7, Sweety Samal 3, Zaigham Abbas Rizvi 1, Deepak B Salunke 5, Bart L Haagmans 8, Amit Awasthi9, Antiviral Res. 2023 Nov 8:105743. doi: 10.1016/j.antiviral.2023.105743
- Treatments for dengue: a Global Dengue Alliance to address unmet needs.Dengue Alliance. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org; Dengue Alliance. Lancet Glob Health. 2023 Nov;11(11):e1680-e1681. doi: 10.1016/S2214-109X(23)00362-5. Epub 2023 Aug 31.PMID: 37660714
- Clinical and experimental evidence suggest omicron variant of SARS-CoV-2 is inherently less pathogenic than delta variant independent of previous immunity;Ramachandran Thiruvengadam1†, Zaigham Abbas Rizvi1†, Sreevatsan Raghavan1 , Deepika Rathna Murugesan1 , Mudita Gosain1 , Jyotsna Dandotiya1 , Ayushi1 , Sweety Samal1 , Anil K. Pandey2 , Nitya Wadhwa1 , Shinjini Bhatnagar1 , Amit Awasthi1* and Pramod Kumar Garg1*European Journal of Medical Research (2023) 28:421 https://doi.org/10.1186/s40001-023-01373-3
- Kennedy Epitope (KE)-dependent Retrograde Transport of Efficiently Cleaved HIV-1 Envelopes (Envs) and its Effect on Env Cell Surface Expression and Viral Particle Formation; Supratik Das*, Hilal Ahmad Parray, Adarsh Kumar Chiranjivi, Prince Kumar, Abhishek Goswami, Manish Bansal, Deepak Kumar Rathore, Rajesh Kumar & Sweety Samal, Protein J. 2023 Oct 4. doi: 10.1007/s10930-023-10161-1. Online ahead of print.PMID: 37794304
Omicron sub-lineage BA.5 infection results in attenuated pathology in hACE2 transgenic mice.Rizvi ZA, Dandotiya J, Sadhu S, Khatri R, Singh J, Singh V, Adhikari N, Sharma K, Das V, Pandey AK, Das B, Medigeshi G, Mani S, Bhatnagar S, Samal S, Pandey AK, Garg PK, Awasthi A.Commun Biol. 2023 Sep 13;6(1):935. doi: 10.1038/s42003-023-05263-6.PMID: 37704701
- Dengue Virus Infection In Mice Induces Bone Marrow Myeloid Cell Differentiation And Generates Ly6g Immature Neutrophils With Modulated Functions; Shweta Duggal Journal of Leukocyte Biology, qiad099, https://doi.org/10.1093/jleuko/qiad099
- Understanding the role of conserved proline and serine residues in the SARSâ€‘CoVâ€‘2 spike cleavage sites in the virus entry, fusion, and infectivity;Ritika Khatri1,Bharat Lohiya1 , Gurleen Kaur1 , Vikas Maithil1 ,Abhishek Goswami1 ,Debapriyo Sarmadhikari1 ,Shailendra Asthana1 ,Sweety Samal1 , 3 Biotech (2023) 13:323 https://doi.org/10.1007/s13205-023-03749-y (Corresponding author)
Intradermal Immunization of Soluble Influenza HA Derived from a Lethal Virus Induces High Magnitude and Breadth of Antibody Responses and Provides Complete Protection In Vivo; Sneha Raj 1, Preeti Vishwakarma 1, Shikha Saxena 1, Varun Kumar 1, Ritika Khatri 1, Amit Kumar 1, Mrityunjay Singh 1, Surbhi Mishra 1, Shailendra Asthana 1, Shubbir Ahmed2 and Sweety Samal 1,* Vaccines (MDPI), accepted for publication 7th March 2023 Vaccines , 11(4), 780; https://doi.org/10.3390/vaccines11040780 (Corresponding author)
G4-binding drugs, chlorpromazine and prochlorperazine, repurposed against COVID-19 infection in hamsters; Shuvra Shekhar Roy , Shalu Sharma , Zaigham Abbas Rizvi , Dipanjali Sinha, Divya Gupta , Mercy Rophina, Paras Sehgal , Srikanth Sadhu , Manas Ranjan Tripathy , Sweety Samal , Souvik Maiti , Vinod Scaria, Sridhar Sivasubbu , Amit Awasthi , Krishnan H. Harshan, Sanjeev Jain and Shantanu Chowdhury*. Front. Mol. Biosci., 16 March 2023Sec. Molecular Diagnostics and TherapeuticsVolume 10 - 2023 | https://doi.org/10.3389/fmolb.2023.1133123
Intrinsic D614G and P681R/H mutations in SARS-CoV-2 VoCs Alpha, Delta, Omicron and viruses with D614G plus key signature mutations in spike protein alters fusogenicity and infectivity; Ritika Khatri , Gazala Siddqui , Srikanth Sadhu , Vikas Maithil , Preeti Vishwakarma , Bharat Lohiya , Abhishek Goswami, Shubbir Ahmed , Amit Awasthi , Sweety Samal;Med Microbiol Immunol 2022 Dec 30;1-20, doi: 10.1007/s00430-022-00760-7.
A broadly neutralizing monoclonal antibody overcomes the mutational landscape of emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern; Hilal Ahmad Parray ,Naveen Narayanan ,Sonal Garg ,Zaigham Abbas Rizvi ,………… Shubbir Ahmed,Sweety Samal,Shailendra Mani,Sankar Bhattacharyya,Supratik Das,Subrata Sinha,Kalpana Luthra,Gaurav Batra,Devinder Sehgal,Guruprasad R.Medigeshi,Chandresh Sharma ,Amit Awasthi ,Pramod Kumar Garg ,Deepak T. Nair ,Rajesh Kumar;PLoS Pathog. 2022 Dec 12;18(12):e1010994. doi: 10.1371/journal.ppat.1010994. eCollection 2022 Dec.
- A combination therapy strategy for treating antibiotic resistant biofilm infection using a guanidinium derivative and nanoparticulate Ag(0) derived hybrid gel conjugate; Ananta Dey,Manisha Yadav, Deepak Kumar, Anik Kumar Dey,Sweety Samal,Subhash Tanwar, Debrupa Sarkar, Sumit Kumar Pramanik, *Susmita Chaudhuri* and Amitava Das*; Journal of Chemical Science, Issue 34, 2022
- Biophysical and Biochemical Characterization of the Receptor Binding Domain of SARSâ€‘CoVâ€‘2 Variants; Ritika Khatri,· Hilal Ahmad Parray, Gazala Siddiqui, Adarsh Kumar Chiranjivi, Sneha Raj, Rachel Kaul, Vikas Maithil, Sweety Samal, Shubbir Ahmed, The Protein Journal;2022 Sep 1;1-11. doi: 10.1007/s10930-022-10073-6
- Japanese encephalitis virus induces vasodilation and severe lethality in adult and aged AG129 mice lacking alpha, beta and gamma interferon receptors; Gazala Siddqui 1, Naveen Yadav2, Preeti Vishwakarma 1, Jolly Thomas 1, Ritika Khatri 1, Amit Kumar 1, Aarti Tripathi 1, Ravindran Kumar Pramod 1, Sudhanshu Vrati 3, Sweety Samal 1 , Virus Research,2022 Aug 3;319:198884. doi: 10.1016/j.virusres.2022.198884.
- RBD decorated PLA nanoparticle admixture with aluminum hydroxide elicit robust and long lasting immune response against SARS-CoV-2; Jairam Meena , Priyank Singhvi , Sudeepa Srichandan , Jyotsna Dandotiya , Juhi Verma , Mamta Singh , Rahul Ahuja , Neha Panwar , Tabiya Qayoom Wani , Ritika Khatri , Gazala Siddiqui , Anuradha Gupta , Sweety Samal , Amulya Kumar Panda;Int J Biol Macromol. 2022 Jun 1;209(Pt A):1359-1367. doi:10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2022.04.148. Epub 2022 Apr 22. (Co author)
- Designing and characterization of a SARS-CoV-2 immunogen with receptor binding motif grafted on a protein scaffold: An epitope-focused vaccine approach;Ritika Khatri , Hilal Ahmad Parray, Ashish Kumar Agrahari , Zaigham Abbas Rizvi , Rachel Kaul , Sneha Raj , Shailendra Asthana , Shailendra Mani , Sweety Samal , Amit Awasthi , Shubbir Ahmed. Int J Biol Macromol 2022 Jun 1;209(Pt A):1359-1367. doi: 10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2022.04.148. Epub 2022 Apr 22. (Co-author)
- A combination of potently neutralizing monoclonal antibodies isolated from an Indian convalescent donor protects against the SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant.PLoS Pathog . 2022 Apr 28;18(4):e1010465.2022 Apr. (Co author)
- Golden Syrian hamster as a model to study cardiovascular complications associated with SARS-CoV-2 infection.Rizvi ZA, Dalal R, Sadhu S, Binayke A, Dandotiya J, Kumar Y, Shrivastava T, Gupta SK, Aggarwal S, Tripathy MR, Rathore DK, Yadav AK, Medigeshi GR, Pandey AK, Samal S, Asthana S, Awasthi A. Elife. 2022 Jan 11;11:e73522. doi: 10.7554/eLife.73522. Online ahead of print. PMID: 35014610
- Effectiveness of ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine against SARS-CoV-2 infection during the delta (B.1.617.2) variant surge in India: a test-negative, case-control study and a mechanistic study of post-vaccination immune responses; Ramachandran Thiruvengadam , Amit Awasthi , Guruprasad Medigeshi , Sankar Bhattacharya , Shailendra Mani , Sridhar Sivasubbu , Tripti Shrivastava , Sweety Samal , Deepika Rathna Murugesan , Bapu Koundinya Desiraju , Pallavi Kshetrapal , Rajesh Pandey , Vinod Scaria , Praveen Kumar Malik , Juhi Taneja , Akshay Binayke, Tarini Vohra , Aymaan Zaheer , Deepak Rathore , Naseem Ahmad Khan , Heena Shaman , Shubbir Ahmed , Rajesh Kumar , Suprit Deshpande , Chandru Subraman, Nitya Wadhwa , Nimesh Gupta , Anil K Pandey , Jayanta Bhattacharya , Anurag Agrawal , Sudhanshu Vrati , Shinjini Bhatnagar , Pramod Kumar Garg ,Department of Biotechnology India Consortium for COVID-19 research; Lancet Infect Dis. 2021 Nov 25;S1473-3099(21)00680-0. PMID: 34838183
- The SARS CoV-2 spike directed non-neutralizing polyclonal antibodies cross-react with Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1) gp41; Reshma Perween, Murugavelu PraveenKumar, Tripti Shrivastava, Hilal Ahmed Parray , Vanshika Singh , Swarandeep Singh , Adarsh Chiranjivi , Kamini Jakhar , Sudipta Sonar , Mahima, Tiwari , Reema , Anil Kumar Panchal , Chandresh Sharma , Deepak Kumar Rathore Shubbir Ahamed , Sweety Samal , Shailendra Mani , Sankar Bhattacharyya, Supratik Das , Kalpana Luthra , Rajesh Kumar; Int Immunopharmacol. 2021 Sep 28;101(Pt B):108187. doi: 10.1016/j.intimp.2021.108187. Online ahead of print. PMID: 34649114 (Co author)
- Non-neutralizing SARS CoV-2 directed polyclonal antibodies demonstrate cross-reactivity with the HA glycans of influenza virus; Praveenkumar Murugavelu,a,1 Reshma Perween,a,1 Tripti Shrivastava,a,1 Vanshika Singh,a Hilal Ahmad Parray,a Swarandeep Singh,b Adarsh Kumar Chiranjivi,a Ramachandran Thiruvengadam,a Savita Singh,a Naveen Yadav,a Kamini Jakhar,a Sudipta Sonar,a Shailendra Mani,a Sankar Bhattacharyya,a Chandresh Sharma,a Preeti Vishwakarma,a Ritika Khatri,a Anil Kumar Panchal,a Supratik Das,a Shubbir Ahmed,a Sweety Samal,a Pallavi Kshetrapal,a Shinjini Bhatnagar,a Kalpana Luthra,b and Rajesh Kumara,âŽ 2021 Jul 29 : Int Immunopharmacol.108020. PMCID: PMC8318684 (Co-author)
- Inhalation monoclonal antibody therapy: a new way to treat and manage respiratory infections. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology Accepted 2021 [4.8] Hilal Ahmed Parray, Shivangi Shukla, Reshma Perween, Ritika Khatri, Tripti Shrivastava, Vanshika Singh, Praveen kumar, Shubbir Ahmed, Sweety Samal, Chandresh Sharma, Subrata Sinha, Kalpana Luthra, Rajesh Kumar* (Co author)
- Comparative immunogenicity analysis of intradermal versus intramuscular administration of SARS-CoV-2 RBD epitope peptide-based immunogen In vivo. Yadav N, Vishwakarma P, Khatri R, Siddqui G, Awasthi A, Ahmed S, Samal S. Microbes Infect. 2021 Jun 18;23(4-5):104843. doi: 10.1016/j.micinf.2021.104843.
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 Spike Protein Based Novel Epitopes Induce Potent Immune Responses in vivo and Inhibit Viral Replication in vitro;Preeti Vishwakarma†, Naveen Yadav†, Zaigham Abbas Rizvi, Naseem Ahmed Khan, Adarsh Kumar Chiranjivi, Shailendra Mani, Manish Bansal, Prabhanjan Dwivedi, Tripti Shrivastava, Rajesh Kumar, Amit Awasthi, Shubbir Ahmed* and Sweety Samal* ,Front. Immunol., 26 March 2021 | https://doi.org/10.3389/fimmu.2021.613045
- Preclinical Animal Models for COVID-19 Research-Making a Wise Choice;Preeti Vishwakarma, Ritika Khatri, Gazala Siddiqui, Naveen Yadav, Zaigham Abbas Rizvi, Amit Awasthi, Sweety Samal;https://www.arcjournals.org/journal-of-immunology-and-vaccines/volume-5-issue-1/ARC Journal of Immunology and Vaccines. 2020; 5(1): 24-37
- Efficiently cleaved HIV-1 envelopes: can they be important for vaccine immunogen development?Efficiently cleaved HIV-1 envelopes: can they be important for vaccine immunogen development?Supratik Das, Rajesh Kumar*, Shubbir Ahmed*, Hilal Ahmad Parray*, Sweety Samal*; Therapeutic Advances in Vaccines and Immunotherapy,First Published October 8, 2020 Review Article
- Design and characterization of a germ-line targeting soluble, native-like, trimeric HIV-1 Env lacking key glycans from the V1V2-loop; Shubbir Ahmed, Tripti Shrivastava, Rajesh Kumar, Mohit Kumar, Manidipa Banerjee, Naresh Kumar, Manish Bansal, Supratik Das; Sweety Samal;Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - General Subjects,Volume 1865, Issue 1, January 2021, 129733
- Tetramerizing tGCN4 Domain Facilitates Production of Influenza A H1N1 M2e Higher Order Soluble Oligomers that Show Enhanced Immunogenicity In vivo. Sweety Samal*, Tripti Shrivastava, Praveen Sonkusre, Zaigham Abbas Rizvi, Rajesh Kumar, Shubbir Ahmed, Preeti Vishwakarma, Naveen Yadav, Manish Bansal, Kanchana Chauhan, Sebanta Pokhrel, Supratik Das, Padmakar Tambare and Amit Awasthi. Published on August 13, 2020 doi: 10.1074/jbc.RA120.013233. jbc.RA120.013233. Journal of Biological Chemistry (* Corresponding author)
- Efficiently cleaved HIV-1 envelopes: Can they be important for vaccine immunogen development? Supratik Das, Rajesh Kumar, Shubbir Ahmed, Hilal Parray,Sweety Samal,DOI 10.1177/2515135520957763,Journal Therapeutic Advances in Vaccines and Immunotherapy, August 2020
- Identification of an anti-SARS-CoV-2 receptor binding domain directed human monoclonal antibody from a naïve semi-synthetic library " by Hilal Ahmed Parray, Adarsh Kumar Chiranjivi, Shailendra Asthana, Naveen Yadav, Tripti Shrivastava, Shailendra Mani, Chandresh Sharma, Priti Vishwakarma, Supratik Das, Kamal Pindari, Subrata Sinha, Sweety Samal, Shubbir Ahmed, and Rajesh Kumar. J Biol Chem, 2020 Jul 29; jbc.AC120.014918. doi: 10.1074/jbc.AC120.014918. Online ahead of print. PMID: 32727845, Journal of Biological Chemistry
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus-Induced Oxidative Stress Leads to an Increase in Labile Zinc Pools in Lung Epithelial Cells. Khan NA, Singla M, Samal S, Lodha R, Medigeshi GR mSphere. 2020;5(3):e00447-20. Published 2020 May 27. doi:10.1128/mSphere.00447-20
- Hybridoma technology a versatile method for isolation of monoclonal antibodies, its applicability across species, limitations, advancement and future perspectives. Parray HA, Shukla S, Samal S, Shrivastava T, Ahmed S, Sharma C, Kumar R.Int Immunopharmacol. 2020 May 27;85:106639. doi: 10.1016/j.intimp.2020.106639. Online ahead of print. PMID: 32473573 Free PMC article. Review.
- Antibody-based therapeutic interventions: possible strategy to counter chikungunya viral infection.Kumar R, Shrivastava T, Samal S, Ahmed S, Parray HA. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2020 Apr;104(8):3209-3228. doi: 10.1007/s00253-020-10437-x. Epub 2020 Feb 19. PMID: 32076776 Free PMC article. Review.
- Efficiently cleaved HIV-1 envelopes: Can they be important for vaccine immunogen development? Supratik Das, Rajesh Kumar*, Shubbir Ahmed*, Hilal Ahmad Parray * and Sweety Samal*. Therapeutic Advances in Vaccines and Immunotherapy, Accepted August 2020.
- Method to identify efficiently cleaved, membrane-bound, functional HIV-1 (Human Immunodeficiency Virus-1) envelopes. Samal S, Bansal M, Das S.MethodsX. 2019 Apr 17;6:837-849. doi: 10.1016/j.mex.2019.04.013. eCollection 2019.PMID:31049300 (First author)
- Cell surface ectodomain integrity of a subset of functional HIV-1 envelopes is dependent on a conserved hydrophilic domain containing region in their C-terminal tail. Samal S, Das S, Boliar S, Qureshi H, Shrivastava T, Kumar N, Goswami S, Bansal M, Chakrabarti BK. Retrovirology. 2018 Jul 20; 15(1):50. doi: 10.1186/s12977-018-0431-4.PMID:30029604 (First author)
- Envelope proteins of two HIV-1 clades induced different epitope-specific antibody response , Shrivastava T, Samal S*, Tyagi AK, Goswami S, Kumar N, Ozorowski G, Ward AB, Chakrabarti BK.Vaccine. 2018 Mar 14;36(12):1627-1636. doi: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2018.01.081. Epub 2018 Feb 9.PMID:29429810 Equal first co-author. 2017-2015,THSTI: (Co-first author)
- Identification and characterization of a naturally occurring, efficiently cleaved, membrane-bound, clade A HIV-1 Env, suitable for immunogen design, with properties comparable to membrane-bound BG505. Das S, Boliar S, Samal S, Ahmed S, Shrivastava T, Shukla BN, Goswami S, Bansal M, Chakrabarti BK.Virology. 2017 Oct;510:22-28. doi: 10.1016/j.virol.2017.07.001. Epub 2017 Jul 6.PMID: 2868908
- Membrane bound modified form of clade B Env, JRCSF is suitable for immunogen design as it is efficiently cleaved and displays all the broadly neutralizing epitopes including V2 and C2 domain-dependent conformational epitopes. Das S, Boliar S, Mitra N, Samal S, Bansal M, Koff WC, Chakrabarti BK.,Retrovirology. 2016
- Conformational Epitope-Specific Broadly Neutralizing Plasma Antibodies Obtained from an HIV-1 Clade C-Infected Elite Neutralizer Mediate Autologous Virus Escape through Mutations in the V1 Loop.Patil S, Kumar R, Deshpande S, Samal S, Shrivastava T, Boliar S, Bansal M, Chaudhary NK, Srikrishnan AK, Murugavel KG, Solomon S, Simek M, Koff WC, Goyal R, Chakrabarti BK, Bhattacharya J.J Virol. 2016 Jan 13
- An efficiently cleaved HIV-1 clade C Env selectively binds to neutralizing antibodies.Boliar S, Das S, Bansal M, Shukla BN, Patil S, Shrivastava T, Samal S, Goswami S, King CR, Bhattacharya J, Chakrabarti BK.PLoS One. 2015 Mar 30
- Evaluation of humoral, mucosal, and cellular immune responses following co-immunization of HIV-1 Gag and Env proteins expressed by Newcastle disease virus.Khattar SK, Palaniyandi S, Samal S, LaBranche CC, Montefiori DC, Zhu X, Samal SK.Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2015
- Mutations in the cytoplasmic domain of the Newcastle disease virus fusion protein confer hyperfusogenic phenotypes modulating viral replication and pathogenicity.Samal S, Khattar SK, Paldurai A, Palaniyandi S, Zhu X, Collins PL, Samal SK.J Virol. 2013 Sep. (First author)
- Coordinate deletion of N-glycans from the heptad repeats of the fusion F protein of Newcastle disease virus yields a hyperfusogenic virus with increased replication, virulence, and immunogenicity.Samal S, Khattar SK, Kumar S, Collins PL, Samal SK. J Virol. 2012 Mar;86(5):2501-11. doi: 10.1128/JVI.06380-11. Epub 2011 Dec 28. PMID: 22205748 (First author)
- Completed patent filed in India IPA 201911027069; LIPC Ref: IP0337: ‘Recombinant H1N1 Influenza virus M2e ectodomain proteins, method of producing the same and uses thereof’ Sweety Samal, Tripti Shrivastava, Rajesh Kumar, Manish Bansal, Naresh Kumar, July 4, 2020
- Provisional patent filed: SARS-COV2 SPIKE DOMAIN IMMUNOGENIC PEPTIDE-BASED VACCINE CANDIDATES AND USES THERE OF, TEMP/E1/31979/2020-DEL Sweety Samal, Shubbir Ahmed, Rajesh Kumar, Priti Vishwakarma, Naveen Yadav, Adarsh Chiranjivi July 2020
- Improved Newcastle disease virus as vaccine and oncolytic agent (U.S provisional patent application number 61/860025).The invention has been marketed to company AVIMEX,Mexico
- US patent submitted Title: Native Trimeric Env Immunogen Design Patent Application.Bimal Chakrabarti, Saikat Boliar, Supratik Das, Tripti Shrivastava, Richte Charles King, Jayanta Bhattacharya,Sweety Samal(WO/2016/065252)
- US Patent submitted LS-2013-068- Office Action - US 14/900,834 - Infectious laryngotracheitis virus (ILTV) vaccine using recombinant Newcastle disease virus vector, Patent Number: 61857558
- Multiepitope self-assembled nanoparticle vaccine platform (msn-vaccine platform) and uses there of; Patent filed in India IPA Application no. 202111046243.Sweety Samal,Shubbir Ahmed, Amit Awasthi, Ritika Khatri, October, 11th, 2021. PCT application no.PCT/IB2022/059713, 11th October 2022
Multi-epitope, Nanoparticle based broadly protective Beta coronavirus candidate vaccine-Funded by CEPI; project duration 2022-2026.
- “Translational Research Consortium for Establishing Platform Technologies to support Prophylactic and Therapeutic strategies for Dengue Discovery to proof-of-concept" NBM scheme of BIRAC (BT/NBM099/02/18): Lead PI: Small Animal Platform, THSTI. Period: 2019-2023
- Intensification of Research in High Priority Area (IRHPA)-SERB grant to conduct animal studies in mice and hamsters to support COVID-19 antiviral drug discovery (Co-Principal Investigator, THSTI) (2021-2023)
- Horizon 2020 ENDFLU grant on Next Generation Influenza Vaccine consortium (Principal Investigator, THSTI) Period: 2021-2025
- Africa - India Mobility Fund Award: Development and evaluation of a novel high-throughput luciferase-based neutralization test for Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) infection. (1St Dec 2020-June 2021)(Funded by The Alliance for Accelerating Excellence in Science in Africa (AESA),working in partnership with The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance)
- Horizon 2020 INDIGO grant on Next Generation Influenza Vaccine consortium (Principal Investigator, THSTI) Period: 2021-2025
- HIVR4P Travel award 2018 to present poster at Madrid, Spain.
- 16th European AIDS Conference poster award, Milan 2017.
- HIVR4P Travel award 2016 to present poster at 17–21 October in Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- David Bruce Snyder Memorial Award for the year 2011-2012, awarded by Department of Veterinary Medical Sciences, University of Maryland
- University of Maryland Block Fellowship from 2010 to 2012 awarded by University of Maryland.
- Jacob. K Goldhaber Travel Award 2012 to attend The American Association of Avian Pathologists conference, San Diego, CA awarded by University of Maryland.
- University of Maryland Dean’s Fellowship from 2008 to 2010 awarded by University of Maryland.
- American Society of Virology 2013 Student Travel Award to present in 32nd Annual Meeting July 20 – 24, 2013 Penn State University, State College, Pennsylvania
- American Society of Virology 2011 Student Travel Award to present in 30th annual ASV meeting at 30th Annual Meeting University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis campus July 16 - 20, 2011.
- American Society of Virology 2010 Student Travel Award to present in 29th annual ASV meeting at Montana State University, Bozeman, July 17-21, 2010.
- University Gold Medal in B.V.Sc & A.H for the year 2001-2002 awarded by Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, Orissa
- Dr. Dharmananda Mishra Memorial Gold Medal for highest aggregate mark in Animal Husbandry awarded by Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, Orissa
- Dr. Brundaban Samal Memorial Gold Medal for highest-grade point in Animal Nutrition awarded by Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, Orissa
- Recipient of Pfizer Medallionto stand first in Bachelor degree in Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, 2001-2002.
- State Girl’s Merit Scholarship for highest rank holder to enter into Veterinary school 1995. awarded by Orissa State Government.
SENIOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANT
JUNIOR RESEARCH SCIENTIST
SENIOR TECHNICAL ASSOCIATE
MR.AMAN KUMAR GUPTA
MR.PAWAN KUMAR TIWARI
SENIOR TECHNICAL OFFICER
SENIOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANT