SENIOR TECHNICAL OFFICER
- Post Doctoral Fellow, National Institute of Immunology, Delhi
- Ph.D. University of Pune & CSIR-IGIB
- Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights
- M.Sc Chemistry University of Delhi
- B.Sc Chemistry University of Delhi
External Relations and Institutional Development (ERID) office supports researchers at THSTI with grants management, regulatory compliance for ethics committees, intellectual property management, scientific communications, and outreach.
1. Recent update of toxicity aspects of nanoparticulate systems for drug delivery
Soma Patnaik, B. Gorain, S. Padhi, H. Choudhury, G. A. Gabr, S Md, D. K. Mishra, P. Kesharwani. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2021 Apr;161:100-119.
2. Delivery of microbial metabolites for human healthcare.
D. Mohanta, R. Ghangal, M. Solanki, Soma Patnaik*
Environmental Chemistry Letters, 2020
3. Carbon nanotubes: Evaluation of toxicity at biointerfaces
Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis, 2019, 9: 293-300 (Highlighted as cover art for the journal)
4. Modified polysaccharides as carriers for biomolecules.
Soma Patnaik, P. Bhatnagar, R. Bansal, J. Sarkar, A. Kumar, P. Kumar, K. C. Gupta
Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology, 2015, 3: 261-287
5. Development and characterization of itraconazole-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles for ocular delivery.
B. Mohanty, D. K. Majumdar, S. K. Mishra, A. K. Panda, Soma Patnaik
Pharmaceutical Development and Technology, 2015, 20:458-464
6. Anti-Cancer Activity of Bromelain Nanoparticles by Oral Administration
P. Bhatnagar, Soma Patnaik, A. K. Srivastava, M. K. R. Mudiam, Y. Shukla, A. K. Panda, A. B. Pant, P. Kumar, Pradeep, K. C. Gupta.
Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology, 2014, 10: 3558-3575.
7. Novel polyethylenimine-derived nanoparticles for in vivo gene delivery.
Soma Patnaik, K. C. Gupta
Expert Opinion on Drug delivery, 2013, 10: 215-228.
8. Engineered PEI-piperazinyl nanoparticles as efficient gene delivery vectors: evidence from both in vitro and in vivo studies.
Soma Patnaik, R. Goyal, S. K. Tripathi, M. Arif, K. C. Gupta.
RSC Advances, 2012, 2: 4335-4342.
9. Polyethylenimine-polyethyleneglycol-bis (aminoethylphosphate) nanoparticles mediated efficient DNA and siRNA transfection in mammalian cells.
Soma Patnaik,S. K. Tripathi, R. Goyal, A. Arora, K. Mitra, A. Villaverde, E. Vazquez, Y. Shukla, P. Kumar, K. C. Gupta.
Soft Matter, 2011, 7: 6103-6112.
10. Crosslinked polyethyleneimine-hexametaphosphate nanoparticles to deliver nucleic acids therapeutics.
Soma Patnaik, M. Arif, A. Pathak, R. Kurupati, Y. Singh, K.C. Gupta.
Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology and Medicine, 2010, 6: 344-354.
11. PEI-alginate nanocomposites: Efficient non-viral vectors for nucleic acids.
Soma Patnaik, M. Arif, A. Pathak, N. Singh, K.C. Gupta.
International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2010, 385:194-202.
12. Recent trends in non-viral vector-mediated gene delivery.
A. Pathak, Soma Patnaik, K.C. Gupta.
Biotechnology journal, 2009, 4:1559-1572.
13. Efficient tumor targeting by polysaccharide decked PEI based nanocomposites.
A. Pathak, A. Swami, Soma Patnaik, S. Jain, K. Chuttani, A.K. Mishra, S.P. Vyas, P. Kumar, K.C. Gupta.
Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology, 2009, 5:264-77.
14. PEI-alginate nanocomposites as efficient in vitro gene transfection agents.
Soma Patnaik, A. Aggarwal, S. Nimesh, A. Goel, M. Ganguli, N. Saini, Y. Singh and K.C. Gupta.
Journal of Controlled Release, 2006, 114:398–409.
1. Chapter-Nanoparticle-Based Vectors for Gene Delivery inProc. Natl. Acad. Sci., India, Sect. B Biol. Sci.
Soma Patnaik, S. K. Tripathi, R. Goyal, R. P. Gandhi, P. Kumar, K. C. Gupta
2. Chapter- Bioactive Metabolites Isolated from Microorganisms for Healthcare: Types and Delivery Routes in Environmental Chemistry for a Sustainable World, Springer Nature, ISSN: 2213-7114
D. Mohanta, S. Maneesha, Rajesh Ghangal, Manu Solanki, Soma Patnaik*
3. Chapter-Role of Gene Editing Tool CRISPR-Cas in the Management of Antimicrobial Resistance in Sustainable Agriculture Reviews 46: Mitigation of antimicrobial resistance Vol 1 Tools and Targets, Springer Nature, ISBN 978-3-030-53023-5
A. P. Sarma, C. Jain, R. Ghangal, M. Solanki, Soma Patnaik*
1. Developed e-modules for e-Pathshala, MHRD, Government of India.
2. Travel grant for EU INDIA 2011 S& T Coop Days, Vienna.
3. Research Associate Fellowship, DBT, 2009
4. CSIR-JRF 2003
5. GATE 2002