To improve human health through research directed at the prevention, intervention, and therapy for infectious diseases that pose a serious threat to humanity.
To study infectious diseases and pathogens to generate translatable knowledge for developing prophylactic and therapeutic measures against diseases prevalent in India.
Aims & Objectives
- Conduct comprehensive research programs on pathogens, vaccines and other therapeutics (spanning basic through translational research).
- Conduct population based studies on infectious diseases.
- Undertake product and process development including vaccine formulations and analytic research in partnerships with the industry.
- Clinical development of vaccine and therapeutics through phase I – III.
- Serve as a center of excellence for training future researchers in the fields of science and technology relevant to vaccine and infectious disease research.
Functioning of VIDRC
VIDRC aims to establish national and international collaborations to achieve its objectives. The center has forged a partnership with the Society for Applied Studies (SAS) to conduct clinical development of vaccines in partnership with the Clinical Development Services Agency (CDSA). VIDRC is also looking to partner with international agencies involved in vaccine and infectious disease research, such as the World Health Organization (WHO), Centre for Disease Control (CDC), USA, Program for Appropriate Technologies in Health (PATH), BMG foundation, GAVI, and the National Institutes of Health, for R&D programs of mutual benefit.