Honours & Achievements
- DDRC receives Wellcome Grant for Tb Drug Discovery Research
- Dr. Amit Awasthi has been selected to give plenary/lead talk at "Immunocon-2015" Annual Conference of Indian Immunology Society (October 9th - 11th, 2015)
- Ms. Sakshi Malik, Ph.D. student of Dr. Amit Awasthi, has been selected for International travel award by EMBO meeting 2015 at Birmingham (September 5th - 8th, 2015)
- Dr. Amit Awasthi has been invited as a international speaker at Academy of Immunology & Microbiology, Institute of Basic Science at Pohang University of Science & Technology (POSTECH), South Korea (October 14th, 2015)
- Ms. Sakshi Malik, Ph.D. student of Dr. Amit Awasthi, has been selected for International travel award by 4th European Congress of Immunology at Austria Vienna (September 6th - 9th, 2015)
- Ms. Sakshi Malik, Ph.D. student of Dr. Amit Awasthi, has been selected for International travel award (oral presentation) by 6th Federation of Immunological Societies of Asia-Oceania (FIMSA) at Singapore (June 30th to July 3rd, 2015)
- Launch of celiac disease diagnostic kit
- Dr. Guruprasad Medigeshi receives the Wellcome Intermediate Fellowship
- Dr. G. Balakrish Nair, Executive Director, received the Membership diploma of the German National Academy of Sciences Leopoldina by President of the Academy, Professor Jorg Hacker to of the Translational Health Science and Technology Institute.
- Pallavi Kshetrapal, Ph.D. was awarded the Ramalingaswami Re-entry fellowship (2013) to work on the "The role of Notch synergies in pediatric T-ALLs" from the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India.
- Dr. Ashutosh Tiwari has been awarded the 'IUSSTF fellow 2013' by Indo-US Science and Technology Forum. This gave him an opportunity to initiate a research project at University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA from Oct 2013 to March 2014. The initial fi nding of the project has given strong leads to build up a collaborative project between THSTI and University of Minneapolis on cancer diagnostics. The finding has huge potential to build-up a diagnostic assay for early cancer detection and led to publication in Nature.
- Dr. Jayanta Bhattacharya receives National Bioscience Award
- Dr. Amit Awasthi wins Innovative Young Biotechnologist Award
- C-TRIUMPH, Dr. Nisheeth Agarwal, Assistant Professor at THSTI is now a
member of a team of 39 eminent TB researchers
- Dr. Amit Awasthi, Selected for National Academy of Science of India
- Dr Sagarika Haldar received the Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) fellowship by Department of Science and Technology, GoI, for her project entitled "Dynamic Molecular Platform for the rapid detection of Drug Resistant Tuberculosis" in the field of Bio-Medical Sciences in December 2013. This project proposes a comprehensive open ended molecular platform for drug resistance testing for tuberculosis. None of the existing molecular tests target the overwhelming number of mutations responsible for MDR-TB and
XDR-TB. The project proposes the establishment of a Central Molecular platform for Tuberculosis Drug susceptibility testing.
- Dr. Tarun Sharma received the Endeavour Research Award of Commonwealth of Australia to design and develop novel diagnostic assay using aptamer and peroxidase-like nanoparticles.
- Mr. Manish Sharma, a Ph.D. student in the Virology division has received a travel grant from the Science and Engineering Research